Started on Spiriva
JT
2004-07-13 23:00:08 UTC
I Just started on Spiriva a couple of days ago and am wondering what anyone
else's experience with it is.

My Old regimin is......advair 500/50 twice a day.......combivent 2 puffs 4
times a day....albuterol 1 puff 4 times a day and as needed. and 200 mg of
theophylin once a day.

Now its....advair....the same....albuterol as needed (been taking 2 puffs
4 times a day.) and 1 spiriva.

What I've found is that 4 or 5 hours after the spiriva and advair in the
morning I start feeling short of breatht and needing the albuterol. so my
comfort level a few hours after the morning regimin is not as good as it was
with the combivent.

Does the spiriva build up in the system and become more effective?

Love to hear from others who are or have been on it.

JT
JT
2004-07-13 23:23:30 UTC
oh ya and still taking the theophilyn.

JT
Don & Janice Watt
2004-07-18 13:49:19 UTC
AGREAT SITE FOR QUESTIONS LIKE THIS IS www.emphysema.net
I have been on Spiriva for about a year & I find it helps.Apparently
people react differently .Some require about 3 weeks Others it helps
right away while some claim no relief
Stay away from Atrovent while on it.
Don