Seems the only one so far in this group to mention it?
Marlen Lavin
2006-03-04 17:13:07 UTC
Oxygen, that is? Where did y'all go? I have very recently
been put on 'oxygen therapy' and am having
to face the future in a very different way. I was
hoping to interact with others on how they are
managing. Dr. wants me to sleep with it plus
use for exertion. (Exertion is up to
interpertation for sure) - plus exercise is
definitely on the menu. At first I was gung-ho
but now I'm starting to feel negative about the
whole thing - in spite of also grateful and glad
to be alive, of course. Am not supposed to
venture out yet so haven't used the 'portable'
and know I will be self-conscious.
There are so many things I took for granted that
are going to require change - anyone out there
want to discuss this with me??
Regards, Ruth
cannula
2006-03-04 20:57:07 UTC
Post by Marlen Lavin
Oxygen, that is? Where did y'all go? I have very recently
been put on 'oxygen therapy' and am having
to face the future in a very different way. I was
hoping to interact with others on how they are
managing. Dr. wants me to sleep with it plus
use for exertion. (Exertion is up to
interpertation for sure) - plus exercise is
definitely on the menu. At first I was gung-ho
but now I'm starting to feel negative about the
whole thing - in spite of also grateful and glad
to be alive, of course. Am not supposed to
venture out yet so haven't used the 'portable'
and know I will be self-conscious.
There are so many things I took for granted that
are going to require change - anyone out there
want to discuss this with me??
Regards, Ruth
Hi

This group and the alt.support.pulmonary one get surprisingly litle legitimate
traffic. When that happens, the spammers & trolls usually take over.

I'm on it 24/7 myself and check this newsgroup periodically, so you're not
alone. Depending on what brought your crisis about, you are probably going
through an adjustment period right now, but the sooner you start exercising, the
better. I find that's what does me the most good. COPD and heavy smoking sent me
to the emergency room, barely able to breathe. I'm still alive 2 years later and
trying to deal with the inconveniences.