Ozone/Oxygen Therapies
LENutri.com Questions
2006-10-26 18:16:57 UTC
Jeff was a big advocate of the voodo science of generating ozone
(whch is
poisonous to the body) and singlet oxygen (aka free radical) in the
bowels, which by some magic entered the blood stream and each cell. He
was taking and marketing this stuff on his website which the vendor
of the
preparation >>>
Jim Lambert who passed on last year who was the moderator of mind-l and
the oxyplus yahoogroup mailing lists was an advocate of such things and
that is where Jeff heard about that "voodoo" science. He(jeff) worked
for me and I can't say he ever told me anything new and was inaccurate
about much of what he said about the ozone/oxygen stuff though he does
have some lengthy write ups on his website about it perhaps he has done
more research on it...I do not know...

I think there is a lot to it. People just get too caught up in
politics/"philosophy" instead of being practical.

At one side of the fence you have naturopaths who regard all "drugs" as
bad and ozone/oxygen/water as the only things that will cure you; unless
of course some naturopathic remedy that's been around awhile then it's
not a drug (riiiiight).....and then the allopaths who regard ozone as a
toxin...or simply don't know anything about it(95%)...

The guy who makes the original product that has ozone bonded too it
claims its a trade secret passed down to him as he is president of some
naturropathic associations founded by people who were friends with
Nikola Tesla and first made those products like 100+ years ago
yadda....... supposedly the Russian research articles that are old and
very difficult to find--never been translated to english; and no one
ever really studies them and the knock offs are not as good and unable
to keep ozone in their mag-oxide powder products..; I've never tried the
stuff Jeff sells but am considering carrying it as I have tried and
liked the homozon and just bought a few bottles for myself but the guy
who makes it whom I respect is not interested in wholeselling it out at
a good price so I'll probably carry the same stuff notripika carries..I
tried other products that are supposed to be the same and found them
inferior to homozon but they did give somewhat similar effects.

Anyway The guy who sells the homozon when he makes the stuff he's in
an area with like 20,000 times the EPA allowed limits of ozone because
of his Clean as a bubble system the ozone does not bother him at all;
ozone kills toxins so if you're getting sick from it; it's because it's
killing breaking up stuff thats in you and then that stuff gets in your
bloodstream, so you have to take it slow and get the stuff out because
getting sick is not going to help you get well....but ozone/oxygen
therapies work and I am going to continue researching them more..I'm
also against the cleansing cleansing cleansing philosophy of the
oxygen/ozone types and think there is a balance but still think of these
items as powerful, cool remedies and that they are worthwhile for
self/life enhancement..

There is a cheaper way of getting ozone in the system then taking
products though and that is ozonated water.... I've bought a machine
from air-zone.com I believe it's called the 301-T or something(IF you
buy that machine don't try making the Ozonated Olive Oil though because
I think you need a more powerful ozonator I had it making it for days
and when I took the ozone bubbler out 45 minutes later the stuff was
regular olive oil again) and have noticed interesting things from it but
I want to try combining the ozonated water and or other drinks with
certain dietary protocols and nootropics to come to some conclusions and
synthesize my understanding/knowledge of it...)before I start pushing it
too much; Plus I'm on a somewhat limited budget and need to make mo
profits before I start carrying more products...The water ozonator also
should work better then a brita filter and make your water better then
store bought stuff if you just want distilled/clean plain water as you
have to drink the water within 30 minutes after removing the ozonator
from it because the ozone automatically leaves the water and goes into
the air in that time; (which is why others claim the powdered products
can't work except for some special trade secrets yadda) so you're stuck
with plain very clean water...

That place (air-zone) also sells pretty cheap "ozone air cleaners" which
work incredibly well and I have used and purchased. I make people smoke
outside in the building I"m in now in a kind of break room and the
neighbor downstairs is allergic to smoke (and quite allergic to stereos
and noise of anykind which blah blah)...anyway I put the ozone machine
in that break room where there is a stairwell and way towards the
neighbors and she said that the placed smelled beautiful and not like
smoke of any kind; Her husband who smokes but not at home was chatting
with me asking if I smoked black and milds which he smokes because he
could smell it on me/in the air; but one of my workers had had smoked
one in the place that had just been ozonated.. area a few hours
prior.....anyway the ozone stuff is pretty cool but it's difficult to
synthesize the info on it when most who find how well it works get
political about it and lose sight of things and those who don't know how
well it works dismiss it as snake oil and refuse to but/try or really
research such things....

Regards,
Mike
LENutri
http://www.LENutri.com/

LENutri sells products to increase intelligence,lifespan,happiness and
more; we focus on more potent new products and formulas of things that
should have a strong effect on health/wellbeing and
intelligence/mood/etc. boosting.
Check us out at
TP
2006-10-26 20:53:57 UTC
Post by LENutri.com Questions
[...]
Jeff has a degree in marketing. What is your M.S. degree in?

There's politics then there is objective facts, i.e. established science.

This is as rediculous as the people who claim the smaller the dose of
something is the more powerful its effects are.

As I said before, I no longer tell people to EAT SHIT AND DIE. I direct
them to your website instead.
LENutri.com Questions
2006-10-26 21:53:20 UTC
Post by TP
[...]
What's Bill Gates's degree in?
Post by TP
There's politics then there is objective facts, i.e. established science.
Yes, established science says that animals that don't eat for 2 days in
a row every week live *ALOT* longer and with alot less diseases then the
controls who live the same exact way but simply eat every day. This is
quite established. Yet the medical establishment ignores this and
someone who spends 12 years of very hard academics will come out and
tell people who are overweight and haven't eaten in say 16 hours.... YA
GOTTA EAT!!!!

Then there's a theory I have......say.. like if I started a Religion or
something along those lines that said basically you had to fast/cleanse
regularly and as one of the commandments from the time your "confirmed"
or whatever you are not allowed to take any substance for say 10 days
every two months which is psychoactive or in some sense addictive; So
everyone could follow the no alcohol/drugs/tobacco hell even
nootropics.. for 10 days in a row every two months and could do whatever
the other 50 or so days; I think such a thing would change the
relationship humans have towards drugs and those who joined the group
which would have support and places you could go for 10+ days whenever
you wished would not have addictions and would put a lot more power back
into the human brain and out of the so called "objective" crap like
relapse/addiction/withdrawl yadda yadda...

I'd have to fool with it first maybe 10 days every 90 and 1 day every
week or something; but I bet those who joined and "followed" even if
they were former alcoholics or whatever would destroy the so called
"established science objective facts" on the relationship between
psychoactive substances and humanity...

Maybe I shall...
Post by TP
This is as rediculous as the people who claim the smaller the dose of
something is the more powerful its effects are.
What is ? If your going to make a statement then please make sense; what
is ridiculous? What part of the message are you talking about?
Post by TP
As I said before, I no longer tell people to EAT SHIT AND DIE. I direct
them to your website instead.
Since you tend to do that alot; could you please put my URL in your
signature with every post then? That could save you from having to argue
with people so much just say you don't like LENutri and you're not with
them and that you don't recommend anyone go there; Go ahead and add that
to you ".sig; "
With all the crud you post I'm bound to get quite alot of extra
hits/money from all those who would immediately visit something you told
them was shit.....
Wrongway Napolitano
2006-10-27 17:02:40 UTC
Post by TP
Jeff has a degree in marketing. What is your M.S. degree in?
What's Bill Gates's degree in?
It doesn't matter. Bill Gates may sell crap that doesn't always work
right, but he isn't selling magical potions and powders to be introduced
into the human body based on unscientific personal experimentation and
hearsay.
Post by TP
There's politics then there is objective facts, i.e. established science.
Yes, established science says that animals that don't eat for 2 days in a
row every week live *ALOT* longer and with alot less diseases then the
controls who live the same exact way but simply eat every day.
What "established science" would that be? Has this "established science"
been performed by legitimate scientists holding the appropriate degrees in
the particular field of study? Have the studies been published in the
accepted, mainstream, peer-reviewed journals? Are the studies reliably
reproducible?
Post by LENutri.com Questions
This is quite established.
By whom? (Consider the above questions repeated.)
Post by LENutri.com Questions
Yet the medical establishment ignores this...
So, the answers to all of the above questions would be "No"?

That doesn't inspire much confidence.
Post by LENutri.com Questions
...and someone
who spends 12 years of very hard academics will come out and tell people
who are overweight and haven't eaten in say 16 hours.... YA GOTTA EAT!!!!
So, you are saying that the entire body of legitimate, educated, degreed,
scientists and medical researchers are wrong, ignorant and involved in a
conspiracy to hide the truth, and that a bunch of uneducated, illiterate
crackpots have discovered miraculous cures and treatments that the
established professional community wants to keep hidden?

Sure, I'll buy that. Got any bridges for sale? How about the Brooklyn
Bridge? I'd kind of like to own that, can you give me a good deal?

If I'm not mistaken, the fact is that if one doesn't eat for an extended
period the body goes into conservation mode as a protection mechanism
against starvation. In this mode, the body attempts to maintain/increase
fat stores as a hedge against possible food shortages.

To become fit, rather than skipping meals, one must eat regularly but with
reduced portions/calorie intake and increase exercise to burn off fat
stores. Note that I said "to become fit". A reduction in fat stores does
not necessarilly mean a concommitant reduction in weight, as increased
exercise will result in increased lean-muscle mass which is denser and
weighs more than fat for a given volume.
Post by LENutri.com Questions
Then there's a theory I have...
<Snip deluded fantasy with no scientific basis>
Post by LENutri.com Questions
I'd have to fool with it first maybe 10 days every 90 and 1 day every week
or something; but I bet those who joined and "followed" even if they were
former alcoholics or whatever would destroy the so called "established
science objective facts" on the relationship between psychoactive
substances and humanity...
You'd have to "fool" with it? You are a danger to yourself and others. You
should, at the very least, be banned from distributing chemicals to unwary
and uneducated consumers.
LENutri.com Questions
2006-10-27 18:57:35 UTC
Post by TP
Jeff has a degree in marketing. What is your M.S. degree in?
What's Bill Gates's degree in?
It doesn't matter. Bill Gates may sell crap that doesn't always work
right, but he isn't selling magical potions and powders to be introduced
into the human body based on unscientific personal experimentation and
hearsay.
Try using pubmed and look up the products I sell and get information on
them. There is quite a lot of science behind everything that I Offer on
my website::::

http://www.lenutri.com/

I make very little (read:none) claims about what I sell and have offered
products for free to people willing to give objective information and/or
write a journal about their experiences with them.....

I don't currently sell anything involving Ozone or Oxygen Therapies but
there is plenty of evidence that these items work but establishment
interests do not like the fact that these therapies are basically almost
free do not require surgery, drugs or experts and keep people healthy
and not spending much dollars on health care; While they're may not be
actual people (aside from apparently you) who have such evil interests
at heart there are systems and the inertia of them and such things tend
to gather energy and control the lives of the masses who perhaps
hopefully are usually just unable; but most likely have been unwilling
and uninterested in seeking out new or different information from the
status quo..
Post by TP
There's politics then there is objective facts, i.e. established science.
Yes, established science says that animals that don't eat for 2 days in a
row every week live *ALOT* longer and with alot less diseases then the
controls who live the same exact way but simply eat every day.
What "established science" would that be? Has this "established science"
been performed by legitimate scientists holding the appropriate degrees in
the particular field of study? Have the studies been published in the
accepted, mainstream, peer-reviewed journals? Are the studies reliably
reproducible? YES. YES, YES.
Post by LENutri.com Questions
This is quite established.
By whom? (Consider the above questions repeated.)
Post by LENutri.com Questions
Yet the medical establishment ignores this...
So, the answers to all of the above questions would be "No"?
That doesn't inspire much confidence.
Post by LENutri.com Questions
...and someone
who spends 12 years of very hard academics will come out and tell people
who are overweight and haven't eaten in say 16 hours.... YA GOTTA EAT!!!!
So, you are saying that the entire body of legitimate, educated, degreed,
scientists and medical researchers are wrong, ignorant and involved in a
conspiracy to hide the truth, and that a bunch of uneducated, illiterate
crackpots have discovered miraculous cures and treatments that the
established professional community wants to keep hidden?
No. I'm saying that the established professional community are for the
most part followers. There is basic science knowledge and then they're
are agendas of the system; The medical profession gets paid when someone
has a problem and they take care of it as quickly as possible; it is not
taught about nor interested in making people healthy; a doctor would
most likely get sued or something if they tried to get people to
fast,run,workout etc. as they're are bound to be some people who get
injured or sick from not doing things properly so why should the doc get
people healthy when they're job is to patch up whatever it is the person
came in for....and charge $500 to their insurance company for something
someone trained for 6 months probably could have done and then
dispensing medication that someone trained for 12 months could easily be
doing a better job at.
Post by Wrongway Napolitano
Sure, I'll buy that. Got any bridges for sale? How about the Brooklyn
Bridge? I'd kind of like to own that, can you give me a good deal?
If I'm not mistaken, the fact is that if one doesn't eat for an extended
period the body goes into conservation mode as a protection mechanism
against starvation. In this mode, the body attempts to maintain/increase
fat stores as a hedge against possible food shortages.
You are mistaken; the body cleans out toxins and does a number of other
things which are part of its built in elegance when it goes without food
for a period of time. They're are ways the body supercompensates when
you go back to eating and you can build even more lean muscle after a
fast if you eat and work out properly and don't pig out from the
high/rush you get when you start eating.

These things require self control and one could easily fast lose muscle
and then eat and gain fat; but I am speaking about and to those who want
to know about the most powerful things out there and I would like to
assume their is a conscious intelligent being able to do research; use
their knowledge; exercise self control and make intelligent choices when
doing these things.

It might be difficult for people to do that so maybe starting "groups"
who do such things together would be helpful. I think it would be good
to meet and interact with other people in such ways; Potential for all
sorts of other things there..........
Post by Wrongway Napolitano
To become fit, rather than skipping meals, one must eat regularly but with
reduced portions/calorie intake and increase exercise to burn off fat
stores. Note that I said "to become fit". A reduction in fat stores does
not necessarilly mean a concommitant reduction in weight, as increased
exercise will result in increased lean-muscle mass which is denser and
weighs more than fat for a given volume.
I'm not talking about "fit"; nor fitting in... I'm talking about being
all one can be;

Some of the goals would be increase overall energy; mood; lifespan,
intelligence, willpower, and more. Most of the modern world is
depressed and horridly out of shape and have much less social
interaction, fun and things that they do that make their life
worthwhile; versus what is possible. They also lack the ability to
question the conventional bullshit that has been shoved down their
throats by people who want to appear like they are wise or intelligent
but are more like politicians then Scientists.

If you don't eat for a few days; your body will start to remove
old/dead cells and junk that's inside of you; the first few times you
fast your body will reek after a few days as the waste products get
removed thru your skin pores and everywhere else; when you wake up in
the morning and pee even though you've only had water for the last say 2
days your pee will be dark yellow with many waste products and such in
it; Fasting is established as doubling the lifespan of animals in
studies; It is the only thing that is superior to "very low calorie
dieting" at extending lifespan.

I am not talking about just adding muscle and reducing fat; I am
speaking of more important things; but fasts can be used to do both
depending on how you eat at the end of the fast and how hard you work out;

You are ignorant of real information about some of the simple elegance
of how the body works and are trying to push "common sense" crapola off
as science;

Go tell your students to hide under their desks to avoid the terrorists.
and uneducated consumers.
TP
2006-10-27 22:35:13 UTC
"LENutri.com Questions" <***@lenutri.com> wrote in message news:***@comcast.com...

Mike, just want to check if you're taking your meds. No, not your street
drugs. You meds.

----------------
I am in no way associated with Michael Donahue, the bipolar druggie owner of
LENutri.com
Wrongway Napolitano
2006-10-31 16:58:36 UTC
Post by LENutri.com Questions
Post by Wrongway Napolitano
It doesn't matter. Bill Gates may sell crap that doesn't always work
right, but he isn't selling magical potions and powders to be introduced
into the human body based on unscientific personal experimentation and
hearsay.
Try using pubmed and look up the products I sell and get information on
them. There is quite a lot of science behind everything that I Offer on
my website
Whatever science there may or may not be, based on your non-responsiveness
to the actual question it would appear that you are not educated in the
science nor are you qualified to render any opinions on it or to dispense
advice or prescribe courses of treatment.
Post by LENutri.com Questions
I...have offered
products for free to people willing to give objective information and/or
write a journal about their experiences with them.....
So, despite your lack of qualifications you are offering chemicals and
encouraging people to act as guinea pigs on a decidedly unscientific basis.

Nice.

I reiterate: You are a danger to yourself and others, and your behavior
may even be considered criminal under various state and federal statutes.
Post by LENutri.com Questions
I don't currently sell anything involving Ozone or Oxygen Therapies but
there is plenty of evidence that these items work but establishment
interests do not like the fact that these therapies are basically almost
free do not require surgery, drugs or experts and keep people healthy and
not spending much dollars on health care; While they're may not be actual
people (aside from apparently you) who have such evil interests at heart
there are systems and the inertia of them and such things tend to gather
energy and control the lives of the masses who perhaps hopefully are
usually just unable; but most likely have been unwilling and uninterested
in seeking out new or different information from the status quo..
Ah, the conspiracy. It couldn't be that the scientists are concerned about
following accepted procedures established to insure proper studies with
controls in order to produce reprodicible results which determine the
efficacy and safety of treatments?

It couldn't be that the governmental agencies charged with protecting the
consumers from unscrupulous snake-oil salesmen pushing treatments that are
either worthless or, even worse, potentially dangerous or deadly are
actually concerned with their mandates?

Perhaps we should just eliminate the DEA, FDA and Consumer Protection
agencies and just let anybody who wants, regardless of qualifications or
the safety/efficacy of products, push whatever potions, powders and pills
they care to, to any sucker who will buy them?

Oh, yeah, great idea.
[...]
Your knowledge of the medical profession appears to be as lacking as your
knowledge of science. Oddly enough, over the last forty-some years
practically ALL of the health professionals with whom I have been involved
have exhibited a concern toward keeping people healthy and *preventing*
illness and injury. Eat right, supplement when necessary, exercise,
moderate alcohol intake, don't smoke...is that just nebulous voices in my
head, auditory hallucinations?

"H-M-O": Health *Maintenance* Organization. That must not mean anything to
you. Docs are frequently "patching" people up because they don't bother to
listen to the good advice they were given in the first place. Insurance
companies would Much rather have people stay healthy too, so they can keep
ALL of the premiums that are paid in to them. It would seem that you don't
know much about business either.
Post by LENutri.com Questions
Post by Wrongway Napolitano
If I'm not mistaken, the fact is that if one doesn't eat for an extended
period the body goes into conservation mode as a protection mechanism
against starvation. In this mode, the body attempts to maintain/increase
fat stores as a hedge against possible food shortages.
You are mistaken; the body cleans out toxins and does a number of other
things which are part of its built in elegance when it goes without food
for a period of time. They're are ways the body supercompensates when you
you eat and work out properly and don't pig out from the high/rush you get
when you start eating.
I see. So, the entire body of mainstream, educated science/medical
professionals is just "wrong", they don't really know *anything* and just
want to keep us sick and "in need" of their services. Blood sugar
imbalance, nausea, lethargy, loss of equilibrium and fine motor control
and cognitive impairment are really *good* things.

Frankly, the only people I've seen promoting this sort of thing are
whach-job religious groups, kooks and quacks. Will you next be regaling us
with the "benefits" of colloidal silver?
Post by LENutri.com Questions
These things require self control and one could easily fast lose muscle
and then eat and gain fat; but I am speaking about and to those who want
to know about the most powerful things out there and I would like to
assume their is a conscious intelligent being able to do research; use
their knowledge; exercise self control and make intelligent choices when
doing these things.
And if these people exercised self-control and made intelligent choices in
the first place, they would *already* be maintaining a healthy life-style
and not be searching out quick-fix quackery.
Post by LENutri.com Questions
It might be difficult for people to do that so maybe starting "groups"
who do such things together would be helpful. I think it would be good
to meet and interact with other people in such ways; Potential for all
sorts of other things there..........
Sure thing, why don't we also start groups of people who drink
cyanide-laced Kool-Ade so they can take the fast train to "Heaven", or
find a spaceship hidden behind a comet?

Hey, it worked for some, right?
Post by LENutri.com Questions
Post by Wrongway Napolitano
To become fit, rather than skipping meals, one must eat regularly but
with reduced portions/calorie intake and increase exercise to burn off
fat stores. Note that I said "to become fit". A reduction in fat stores
does not necessarilly mean a concommitant reduction in weight, as
increased exercise will result in increased lean-muscle mass which is
denser and weighs more than fat for a given volume.
I'm not talking about "fit"; nor fitting in... I'm talking about being
all one can be;
Then why don't you enlist in the Army? Or is that the Marines? I
forget...I wonder if you'd make it beyond the first two weeks of boot
camp...nevermind that...I wonder if you could pass the ASVAB. Give it a
whirl, make sure you fast for a few days beforehand.
Post by LENutri.com Questions
Most of the modern world is
depressed and horridly out of shape and have much less social
interaction, fun and things that they do that make their life
worthwhile; versus what is possible.
Are we living on the same planet?
Post by LENutri.com Questions
They also lack the ability to
question the conventional bullshit that has been shoved down their
throats by people who want to appear like they are wise or intelligent
but are more like politicians then Scientists.
Or snake-oil salesmen?

As David Hannum said, "There's a sucker born every minute."
Post by LENutri.com Questions
If you don't eat for a few days; your body will start to remove
old/dead cells and junk that's inside of you; the first few times you
fast your body will reek after a few days as the waste products get
removed thru your skin pores and everywhere else;
Cite please, professional, credentials, peer-reviewed, contolled,
reproducible.
Post by LENutri.com Questions
when you wake up in
the morning and pee even though you've only had water for the last say 2
days your pee will be dark yellow with many waste products and such in
it;
That's a common occurence, especially when dehydrated. The fact that
you've had nothing to eat is irrelevant.
Post by LENutri.com Questions
Fasting is established as doubling the lifespan of animals in
studies; It is the only thing that is superior to "very low calorie
dieting" at extending lifespan.
Established by whom? Cite please, professional, credentials, etc.
Post by LENutri.com Questions
I am not talking about just adding muscle and reducing fat; I am
speaking of more important things; but fasts can be used to do both
depending on how you eat at the end of the fast and how hard you work out;
You are ignorant of real information about some of the simple elegance
of how the body works and are trying to push "common sense" crapola off
as science;
Really? And you know this...how?

What are your credentials and education again? Oh, that's right, you
haven't answered that question yet. Shall we continue to assume that the
sum-total of your accreditation is the reading of a few websites of
questionable veracity, hearsay and unscientific personal experimentation
with various chemicals?
Post by LENutri.com Questions
Go tell your students to hide under their desks to avoid the terrorists.
I don't advise people to "hide under their desks to avoid the terrorists",
I firmly advocate that they be well-armed and trained...just as I advocate
that people be well-armed and trained in logic and reason against shysters
and con-artists. LOL, from what orifice did you pull that comment out of,
anyway?
TP
2006-10-31 22:07:02 UTC
Post by Wrongway Napolitano
Post by LENutri.com Questions
Post by Wrongway Napolitano
It doesn't matter. Bill Gates may sell crap that doesn't always work
right, but he isn't selling magical potions and powders to be introduced
into the human body based on unscientific personal experimentation and
hearsay.
Try using pubmed and look up the products I sell and get information on
them. There is quite a lot of science behind everything that I Offer on
my website
Whatever science there may or may not be, based on your non-responsiveness
to the actual question it would appear that you are not educated in the
science nor are you qualified to render any opinions on it or to dispense
advice or prescribe courses of treatment.
There is a reason we go to college to take courses we're not interested in
or not. There are core things one learns, basic principles and approaches
to critically think and read in an area to learn more. What's fascinating
about the self-taught Nootropic experts is that they have studied what
they've chosen to study. They know, they believe, what they've read. They
don't know enough to question the sample size of an experiment, the state of
mental and physical health of the humans in the experiment. It doesn't dawn
on them that we can double the life of a fruitfly, a rat, cure HIV in
monkeys genetically altered to get it and be bothered by it, yet we can't do
the same with humans. We've found a cure for most every species of most
maladies but not for humans. That doesn't dawn on the
non-trained-to-be-critical mind.
Wrongway Napolitano
2006-11-01 19:28:05 UTC
Post by TP
There is a reason we go to college to take courses we're not interested in
or not. There are core things one learns, basic principles and approaches
to critically think and read in an area to learn more. What's fascinating
about the self-taught Nootropic experts is that they have studied what
they've chosen to study. They know, they believe, what they've read.
They don't know enough to question the sample size of an experiment, the
state of mental and physical health of the humans in the experiment. It
doesn't dawn on them that we can double the life of a fruitfly, a rat,
cure HIV in monkeys genetically altered to get it and be bothered by it,
yet we can't do the same with humans. We've found a cure for most every
species of most maladies but not for humans. That doesn't dawn on the
non-trained-to-be-critical mind.
Quite so. It appears to me that a major flaw in many educational
institutions is that they fail to place enough emphasis on critical
thinking skills. They fill heads with certain amounts of knowledge but
don't teach them how to use it. They teach kids to be good test-takers,
but they don't make sure they learn how to learn, how to think rationally,
apply logical deduction or to evaluate information once it is acquired.

The fact that something works in one application does not automatically
mean that it will work in all, or any, other applications. In addition,
protocols which appear successful under rigidly controlled laboratory
conditions are not necessarilly so successful under real world conditions
lacking those rigid controls. Nor do individuals within the same species
always respond equally, even under the same conditions.

Also, in many cases, there may be undesireable side-effects. The question
must be asked, and answered: Will the benefits of the protocol outweigh
the risk or actuality of the side-effects.
TP
2006-11-01 22:39:49 UTC
Post by TP
[...]
The thing about our nootropic flim-flam artists is that they are True
Believers. Marketers. There is a value to scientific and medical training,
I assure you.

Side effects aren't discovered by feeding dogs high doses of something. If
it were so there would not be so many drugs taken off the market, have newly
mandated warnings attached to them, have class action suits bought against
them by the people who took some years to find others damaged by the drug.
Penicillin was a miracle drug. I also saw a man die before my eyes after
being given a single shot of it. In those days this was an acceptable
risk/reward because there were no alternatives to the miracle drug. Take it
or die slowly or take it and die immediately. We see Mike and others
throwing together stacks of stuff like he was composing a dinner. What
sample size, how much experience have we with any of these substances alone,
let alone together?

Surely these people could find an honest way to make a living..

TP
2006-10-27 22:25:22 UTC
Post by Wrongway Napolitano
If I'm not mistaken, the fact is that if one doesn't eat for an extended
period the body goes into conservation mode as a protection mechanism
against starvation. In this mode, the body attempts to maintain/increase
fat stores as a hedge against possible food shortages.
You are not at all mistaken. The body attacks itself for energy when it
doesn't get food. The metabolism gets slower as T3/T4 diminish and a
cascade of hypothalmic events occur which say, to paraphrase what Sarlet
O'Hara said in Gone With the Wind, "I'll never get to this point of having
to burn up my own muscles, brains and other organs again". When food
arrives, the T3/T4 and other hormones are all set up to put on fat like
there's going to be no food tomorrow.

OTOH, the LE people have discovered that by taking some nutriceuticals and
fasting one day a week, they can achieve most of the quantifiable effects
they get from CRON. You know about CRON, don't you? It was promoted in Roy
Walford's Bood, The 120 Year Diet. Dr. Walford followed the diet quite
religiously. He was born in 1924 and died in 2004. The LEs mourn the loss
of members of their ranks on sci.life-extension, who die just about on the
same schedule as everybody else.

I am in no way associated with Michael Donahue, the bipolar druggie owner of
LENutri.com
Wrongway Napolitano
2006-10-27 14:44:37 UTC
[...]
Nevermind a medical degree, do you even have any education in basic
Organic Chemistry?

There's a kook who has been pushing a regimen involving intravenous
injections of hydrogen peroxide. Maybe you should give it a try. It hasn't
killed _everyone_ who has tried it.