Puritain Bennett - tutorial for new users
dogsnose
2004-09-01 22:28:03 UTC
When I first started using my Helios 300, my big problem whas when to stop
filling it. If I took it off too soon, it didn't last very long. If I kept
it on too long, the filling system froze, & it took over an hour to thaw
out. It was driving me nuts. I never knew when it was going to freeze up
on me - there was no reliable way of predicting this.

After I got impatient, & started using a hair-dryer to thaw it out, It
occurred to me that if I PRE-heated it, it might not freeze in the first
place.

BINGO!
dogsnose

BINGO!
dogsnose
2004-09-01 22:40:17 UTC
dogsnose
2004-09-01 22:39:07 UTC
I have found that to get the best use out of my Helios 300 I have to heat
the filling mechanism with a hair-dryer before I fill it. 90 seconds with
the hair dryer, just on the fill side of the unit works fine. I can then
fill it till it starts to "chuff" back at me i.e.- it's FULL, & will give
me 5hrs+ at 3 litres/minute, or stay full enough over night to be useable
in the morning.

They don't tell you that in the literature.