AirSep
RedskinFan
2004-01-02 03:24:55 UTC
I rented one for $500 for 5 days from medical travel, Inc out of Florida. I suspect they charge about 4100 per day. Their website is www.medicaltravel.org

The battery only lasts 50 minutes B4 needing recharge so make sure you get an extra battery. Their fee includes round trip shipping.
RedskinFan
2004-01-02 03:25:35 UTC

noel
2004-08-07 23:33:48 UTC
It is much better than tanks for those who need to be away for less than 3
hours. My mother can now visit a doctor, eat lunch out(plugging in the
120v adapter at the restaurant and the doctors office), come home after 3
or 4 hours and still be using the first 50 minute battery. WHen you are
plugged in, the battery rechareges one minute for every two you are
plugged in. She will then exercise in the community pool using a 25
foot canula with the batteries. By buying one extra battery, she has
about 2 1/2 hours of pool time, which she uses almost every day here in
Florida. This is a first generation device, it works, and much like video
cmaeras and cell phones, they should get better and smaller with following
generations. Since conventional wisdom not too many years ago was that
most people on oxygen would die within 2 years, don't wait too long for a
better model. It does have a cart you can use to wheel the 10 pounder
around. Our only small complaint is that the charger connector at times is
intermittant, and takes some fiddleing. Our oxygen provider gave us the
Airsep INSTEAD OF the tanks. What a deal, he is getting a lot of
customers from other providers We only have one of the big 5 hour tanks
for power failures. Besides, in event of loss of power, we can always run
the airsep off the car battery for , gosh, 20 or 30 hours..

It is not for everyone, in order for this first gen device to be so small,
it only provides oxygen when you inhale, it does not spray oxygen all over
the place 24/7. If it does not detect an inhale for 30 seconds, it goes
into alarm. My mother is partially deaf, so I hav to remind her to breath
a few times a day. It took her 4 or 5 days to adjust to breathing in a
manner the Airsep liked, but she will not part with it now. If you want
to not have to count bottles just to go to the grocery store, this will
work just fine.